During our practice we have served versatile consulting to foundations, public funds, corporations and individual investors.

How to get money back if you refuse a “stay card”?

Refusal to receive a "Stay Card" is one of the most unpleasant moments that can happen to migrants in Poland. In most cases, in such a situation, foreigners are seized with fear and panic, because they do not know how to act and what measures to take to avoid deportation. Our lawyers recommend not to despair, but it is better to anticipate the possible course of events in advance and consult with a lawyer about ways to solve this problem. In this article we will talk about how to refund money in case of refusal.

 To get your money back, you need to follow a few simple steps:

  1. In the Provincial Office, where you previously made a deposit on the residence card, please contact us with a request for a refund.
  2. There is no strictly established form, but many provinces offer samples to fill out. For example, from the links you can download: for the Masovian Voivodeship, for Krakow.

 Already by the types of samples it is clear that the application form is free of charge.   But there are still necessary parameters that should be present in the document:

  • Information about the foreigner;
  • Details of the deposit for which a refund is required for the card;
  • Method of refund: cash in cash, by post or to a bank account (in the latter case, the account number is specified directly in the application);
  • Date and signature.                                     
  1. Register the application, get a confirmation (mark on the form).

 It remains to wait for the results of the query and return the funds for the card.

 Terms of refund for the card:

 The law allocates 30 days for consideration, but in case of a large load, this period can be extended to 60 days. In practice, the money comes in 1.5-2 months after registration of the application.

 Returning money for the card is not difficult. The main thing is that there are basics.