Regulation (EU) 2020/1055 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 15 July 2020 amending Regulations (EC) No 1071/2009, (EC) No 1072/2009 and (EU) No 1024/2012 to adapt them to changes in road transport (Journal of Laws EU.L 2020 No. 249, p. 17) introduced, inter alia, a change in the provisions consisting in the obligation to obtain a permit to pursue the occupation of road transport operator and a Community license by entrepreneurs engaged in the occupation of road haulage operator with the use of motor vehicles or vehicle combinations, the permissible total weight of which exceeds 2.5 tons. The provisions of the regulation entered into force on February 21, 2022.
In order to obtain a Community license, you must have a permit to pursue the occupation of road transport operator. You can apply for such a permit to the starost (or mayor of the city), competent for the place of residence (or business activity), or to the General Road Transport Inspectorate.
Permit to pursue the occupation of road transport operator - such a document is issued simultaneously with the international license by the General Inspectorate of Road Transport. To get it, you need to:
- obtain a certificate of professional competence;
- have financial security (in the form of complete financial statements in accordance with the Accounting Act or insurance);
- obtain a certificate of good conduct for offenses relating to tax matters or road safety;
- have a transport base;
- have at least one vehicle.
Along with the application for the authorization to pursue the occupation of road transport operator and the Community license for the international carriage of goods by road for profit, the following must be submitted:
- Declaration of the person managing the transport
- Certificate of professional competence
- Documents confirming the financial situation ensuring the commencement and running of business activities in the field of road transport (for the entire rolling stock)
- Annual financial statements (all components in accordance with Art. 45 of the Accounting Act) together with the opinion and report of the statutory auditor (if the report is subject to such an audit)
- Bank guarantee
- Insurance including professional liability insurance and general insurance conditions
- Statement on the exploitation base
- Driver Statement
- Information from the National Criminal Register on no criminal record for offenses in the areas specified in Art. 6 sec. 1 lit. and Regulation (EC) 1071/2009 of the entrepreneur / all persons authorized to represent according to the National Court Register / the person managing the transport
- Declaration of no criminal record of the entrepreneur / all persons authorized to represent according to the National Court Register / person managing the transport
- List of vehicles
- Proof of payment of the fee for the issuance of the permit to pursue the occupation of road transport operator
- Proof of payment of the fee for the issue of the Community license and of an extract (s) of that license.
Costs of obtaining a license:
- PLN 1,000 - the cost of issuing a permit to pursue the profession of a carrier
- PLN 4,000 / PLN 8,000 cost of issuing a Community license up to 5 or up to 10 years
- PLN 440 / PLN 880 cost of the excerpt from the community license for the vehicle
- the cost of obtaining a certificate of professional competence
* PLN 17 fee for the power of attorney (if an attorney is appointed in the case).
The amount of the amounts confirming the possession of a good financial situation is:
- EUR 9,000 for the first motor vehicle
- EUR 5,000 for each additional motor vehicle or vehicle combination used with a maximum permissible weight of more than 3.5 tonnes
- EUR 900 for each additional motor vehicle or vehicle combination used, the maximum permissible weight of which exceeds 2.5 tonnes but does not exceed 3.5 tonnes.
The value of the euro is converted at the rate of the first working day of October, published in the Official Journal of the European Union. These rates are valid from 1 January of the following calendar year.
Chief Inspector of Road Transport, after verifying the documents, issues a Community license for the international commercial carriage of goods and an extract from the Community license for each vehicle. The deadline for issuing a decision is 1 month (it can be extended to 2 months, but the applicant will be informed)
Transcripts can be picked up in person or sent by courier. The shipment is additionally payable.
Models of the required documents can be found at: https://www.gov.pl/web/gitd/wnioski-i-druki-do-pobrania-przewoz-rzeczy
If you need help with the licensing procedure, write to us at: email@example.com, and our specialists will help you with all formalities!