During our practice we have served versatile consulting to foundations, public funds, corporations and individual investors.

Assigning the pesel number for foreigner who is the member of the board in company

 Availability of PESEL number is required for financial reporting starting from 2019. A foreigner who is the Member of the Board should make an effort to receive a PESEL number, update his data in the National Court Register, and make an electronic signature containing this PESEL number. Only after entering the PESEL number into the register, the court accepts the signed financial report.

 PESEL number for members of the Board of the company may be obtained in 2 ways. The first one is possible on the basis of obtaining temporary or permanent registration in Poland during a visit to the office. In this case, PESEL number is assigned immediately. Required documents:

  • passport;
  • ownership of housing (e.g. lease agreement);
  • completed application.

The second reason is the obligation to have a PESEL number for members of the Board to submit financial statements to the National Court Register. Personal presence of the foreigner is not required, in this case it is necessary only to appoint an attorney who resides in Poland. Necessary documents:

  • copy of the first page of the passport certified by a notary with an apostille accompanied by the appropriate certified translation into Polish;
  • a statement that person is not in Poland;
  • power of attorney;
  • extract from register;
  • filled application.

The time for assigning a PESEL number is 30 days from the date of application.