In Poland, there is a separate registry containing all the information about employment agencies working in Poland - the National Register of Employment Agencies (NREA).
Who can be entered in the NREA:
- Owner of the agency, if he wants to open an employment agency.
- Organizations that do not provide active business and are not legal entities - if they want to provide services related to mediation in employment, personal counseling and career guidance. It can be: local governments, universities, associations, foundations, various public organizations.
- Foreign entrepreneurs who want to open and provide an employment agency in Poland. They will do it under the same conditions as Polish companies with a similar profile.
- Foreign entrepreneurs who want to provide services in the field of temporary employment agencies in Poland that already exist in their home country and want to open a branch of their company.
- the countries of the European Union,
- Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein - i.e. countries of the European Economic Area outside the European Union;
- other countries that have signed relevant agreements with the European Union and its member states.
In order to be registered in the register of employment agencies, the interested person must submit a corresponding application to the marshal of the region, where the employment agency will work. An application may be send electronically or in paper version at the appropriate institution.
After accepting the application, an enrty into the registered will be made at NREA. The regional marshal also issues an appropriate certificate informing about the possibility of providing services as an employment agency, the cost of issuing is 200 PLN.
Access to NRAE is available to each user, this is completely public information. The following data can be found in the registry: agency name and registration numbers, email address, registration address, phone number.
There are some organizational rules that apply to employment agencies. Among them:
- the Marshal of the region must an information about activities of the agency for the previous year by January 31 of each year;
- a registered agency is obliged to inform the relevant authorities within 14 days about changes in registration data, suspension or resumption of activity, or about its cessation.
If the employment agency has not been entered in NREA and begin its activity, will be provided penalties:
- in the amount of 3,000 to 10,000 PLN - for the provision of personal advice, career guidance or employment services, with the exception of sending workers to work abroad to foreign employers;
- from 3,000 to 100,000 PLN - for temporary work or employment services in the field of sending people to work abroad with foreign employers.
Which services can be provided by a registered NREA agency:
- Employment, implying:
- helping people to find and get suitable paid jobs;
- assisting employers in finding employees with relevant professional qualifications;
- collection and distribution of job offers;
- providing employers with information about job candidates in response to a job offer;
- informing candidates and employers about the current situation and expected changes in the local labor market;
- initiating and organizing contacts / resumes of people looking for suitable work or other paid work;
- sending people to work abroad to foreign employers;
- sending foreigners to work or other paid work at enterprises operating in Poland.
- Human resources consulting:
- conducting an analysis of employer, determining the qualifications of employees and their dispositions;
- indication of sources and methods of searching for candidates for specific positions;
- screening of candidates in terms of expected qualifications and dispositions.
- Professional advisory, consisting of:
- assisting in choosing the appropriate profession and place of work;
- providing information necessary for making professional decisions, for example, about professions and the labor market;
- initiating, organizing and conducting group professional counseling and activities that contribute to an active job search;
- assisting employers in selecting candidates for work, providing information and advice on this issue.
- Temporary employment.
Hiring and sending temporary workers for work. Work is carried out on behalf of the employer - in accordance with the principles established in the Law of July 9, 2003 on the hiring of temporary workers.
To register with NREA the following conditions must be met:
- Lack of arrears of taxes and social security contributions, health insurance, labor fund and pension fund.
- The absence of a criminal record for crimes or offenses related to the violation of the provisions governing the activities of employment agencies, for example, activities without an entry in the register. Crimes are listed in paragraphs 121-121b of the Employment Promotion Act and the labor market institutions.
- The agency cannot be in the process of liquidation or declared bankrupt.
- During the last 3 years before applying:
- an agency cannot be excluded from the register of employment agencies due to a decision to prohibit this activity;
- owner of the agency has not previously managed an employment agency without an entry in the registry.
There are a number of services that can be provided as an employment agency without being entered into the NREA:
- Provide employment advice to their own employees on employment issues with foreign employers.
- To carry out consulting activities in the field of sending to work abroad, in the form of temporary admission to the family (for up to 2 years) - in exchange for specific benefits, where the purpose of employment is to improve the language or professional skills of the employee.
- Send teachers abroad to work in Polish communities or diasporas.
- Maintain a database of your data and job offers of your company and publish them on the Internet.
- Educational institutions may provide free assistance for students, or graduates of training courses. Help consists in informing about the situation on the labor market and the demand for qualifications.
- To conduct activities in the field of the organization of practical and vocational training specified in the Law of December 14, 2016 - the Law on Education.
- Conduct business by sending its employees to companies, offices and other organizations in order to acquire practical skills.