If an entrepreneur registered in Poland carries out international road transport of goods and wants to employ drivers who aren’t citizens of a European Union Member State, there is an obligation to obtain a driver attestation. This is proof that the driver is legally employed and in accordance with the legal regulations on road transport. The driver attestation is issued as administrative decision by General Inspectorate of Road Transport in Warsaw. You should submit an application before the driver starts transporting goods.
An application for a driver attestation may only be submitted by an entrepreneur who already holds an EU license for the international road haulage. The application should contain the entrepreneur's data, as well as the driver's personal information. The following mandatory documents are attached to the application:
- a copy of the EU license,
- statement about employment of the driver and the driver's compliance with the requirements referred to Article 39a of the Act of 6 September 2001 on road transport (the requirements concern age, permissions to drive and the absence of health and psychological contraindications to work as a driver),
- a photocopy of a document confirming that the driver has completed the required training on the initial qualification and periodic training,
- a photocopy of a medical certificate stating that there are no health contraindications for working as a driver,
- a photocopy of a psychological medical certificate that there are no health contraindications for working as a driver,
- a photocopy of a document confirming the fact of legal employment of a foreigner in the territory of the Republic of Poland (e.g. employer’s declaration of the intention to commission work registered in a labour office, a temporary residence card with a decision regarding a permit to work for the applicant entrepreneur, a permanent residence card, a Pole's card, a work permit),
- a photocopy of the document confirming the driver's social insurance,
- a photocopy of the driver's passport,
- a photocopy of the driver's driving license.
The driver attestation is issued to the entrepreneur for a maximum period of 5 years. The fee depends on the period for which the driver's certificate is to be issued. In the case of a certificate issued for a period of up to 1 year - the fee is PLN 10, up to 2 years - PLN 15, up to 3 years - PLN 20, up to 4 years - PLN 30, up to 5 years - PLN 40. If there is a proxy in the case, an additional stamp duty for the power of attorney must be paid in the amount of PLN 17. You will receive the original driver attestation and an extract from it. Give the original of the certificate to the driver, as he should have it with him during the transport in the event of an inspection.