During our practice we have served versatile consulting to foundations, public funds, corporations and individual investors.

Useful articles

Tax and VAT numbers for foreign company in Poland

 There are many foreign companies connected with Poland by conducting their activities in Poland. A foreign company may operate directly, through a branch or representative office in Poland. If a company carries on business that is subject to taxation in Poland, or is a social security contributor in Poland, it must have a Polish tax identification number (NIP).

Read more→

Employee rights and obligations of employers in Poland

 If you employ employees in Poland, you should comply with the provisions of the Polish Act of June 26, 1974 - the Labor Code. In this article, we will briefly describe examples of employee rights and obligations of employers in Poland, including the amount of the minimum remuneration for work, how often employees must be sent for medical examinations, how many days are paid vacation leave and for how many days the employer should pay the employee in the event of a sick leave.

Read more→

Ways to obtain a PESEL number

 PESEL is an abbreviation for “Powszechny Elektroniczny System Ewidencji Ludności” (General Electronic Population Register System) and is a personal identification number consisting of 11 digits, which is assigned to Poles and foreigners. Everyone can automatically obtain a PESEL number when register your residence. In order to do, a document confirming the right to live in the apartment (for example, a lease сontract) must be attached to the application for registration. In this case, PESEL is assigned immediately.

Read more→

Continuous residence in Poland. What does that mean?

 When preparing a set of documents to the application for the long-term resident's EU residence permit or permanent residence permit (in some cases) a foreigner must meet the requirement of having a 2, 4, 5 or 10-year continuous residence in the territory of Poland and begins to wonder what is a continuous residence according to the law. As a rule, the list of documents includes the entry "documents confirming that the stay with the territory of Poland was continuous or documents confirming the reasons for interruptions in the stay". What kind of documents?

Read more→

Permission to perform regular international transport outside the EU

 If you want to carry out regular international transport of passengers by buses outside the territory of the European Union, Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein or Switzerland, you should  obtain a special permit. Regular transport is the public transport of passengers at specified intervals and along specified routes. The place of departure should be in an EU member state, Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein or Switzerland, and the place of arrival in a third country. Buses should be registered in the EU member state where the entrepreneur is based. If you want to obtain a permit from the Polish Chief Inspectorate of Road Transport, they should be registered in Poland.

Read more→